Vegan Cashew Frosting (Cream Cheese Frosting Alternative)
Whether you’re vegan, cutting out dairy, or just looking for a healthy alternative, we’ve got the frosting of your dreams! This recipe was taken from Sierra over at nutritionalfoodie.com. It’s part of one of Sierra’s recipes for Vegan Spiced Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches -- click the link for the full recipe. We wanted to showcase the frosting because you can use it on so many healthy desserts!
- 2/4 cup cashews
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Soak cashews in boiling water for one hour.
- Once cashews are done soaking, put all the ingredients into your Domaya.
- Blend until completely smooth.